In February we announced that Love Nature was rethinking their line and might discontinue production. Months later, with a lot of negotiation, I’m extremely excited to announce that FaeriesDance.com will be exclusively selling a limited selection of Love Nature favorites.
Our agreement spans 5 organic cotton bras and 4 panties. We’ll be getting the largest quantity of the all-time favorite Alba line including:
- Alba Padded Underwire Bra in Almond and Rose
- Alba No Wire Support Bra in Almond, Heather Grey and a new surprise color!
- Alba Ribbed Bikini Brief in Almond and Rose
- Alba Mélange Thong in Almond and Rose
Two pieces from the Princess Line:
- Princess Padded Underwire Bra in Natural and Rose
- Princess Full Brief in Natural and Cherry (shown top)
One bra from the Fairy Tale Collection:
- Fairy Tale Padded Underwire Bra in solid Natural without the print
And a matching bra and panty set:
We specifically tried to focus on bras that had features unique to Love Nature. That’s why 4 of the 5 are their signature organic cotton padded bras with polyester-free, cotton padding. The Alba No Wire bra, our best-selling bra of all time, rounded out the fifth (shown left).
Love Nature is a subsidiary of the Italian lingerie brand Lormar. While Lormar has decided not to move forward with Love Nature, they still have access to the production facilities. The most difficult issue we faced was ensuring that Lormar could still source all of the incredible eco-fabrics that were used in the Love Nature line. So their production team had to check each style for availability of the fabrics, the cotton paddings and the trims. That, combined with the high quantities required to produce each style, forced us to stick with just a few designs.
For a small business like ours, the quantities are staggering. We’re literally getting thousands of bras and hundreds of panties. Even at our most ambitious growth predictions, we should have stock the next 3 years. However, this agreement was a one-time only offer from Lormar. So we don’t expect to be able to restock again once these are gone.
That said, there are a couple of minor negatives.
- We expect a small price increase due to the high Euro to Dollar rate at the moment and the cost of warehousing all this stock for an extended period.
- No more cute, embroidered linen drawstring bags.
- The upfront cost of this endeavor is delaying phase 3 of our in-house manufacturing project. This means we won’t be producing men’s underwear for a while longer. Good news, though – we’ve found an excellent alternative for the guys (but that’s a post for another day).
- Sadly, the other 60+ Love Nature organic lingerie items – including all of those lovely PJs and nighties – are still discontinued. Don’t wait to get the one you’ve been coveting.
We hope you’ll appreciate our efforts. The most common complaint we hear is when a favorite staple – be it bras, underwear or socks – becomes unavailable. Of course, we also hope this will bolster our business for the next few years while we scour the planet for more eco-undies.
We expect these items to be available for sale in October, 2014.