If you had an issue ordering from us in the last month or two, we’ve fixed a bunch of stuff, so please come back and try again. (This line was at the bottom of this post, but I’m told not a lot of people read past the first paragraph and it took me a long time to get to the point. So that’s the point. Now without further ado, I present the Great Ramble…)
Being a small business owner rocks!!
- I meet amazing people and hear lovely stories.
- I haven’t used an alarm clock to wake up for work in 5 years. (Although, I do have a 4-legged, furry alarm who makes sure I don’t sleep in too late.)
- I have the freedom to make my own hours.
- I don’t have to worry about mean bosses or annoying co-workers.
- On a daily basis I have the freedom to work on whatever strikes my fancy or not to work at all.
Being a small business owner sucks!!
- Technology drives more of my business decisions than fashion or ethics.
- Even when I’m “off” I’m thinking about business.
- It gets lonely working on my own from home all the time.
- There is enormous financial stress that comes with working for yourself.
- Taking vacations together with my partner is such a challenge that we rarely bother.
By now you may be wondering, what is she talking about?? Good question. (Brevity has never been one of my strong suits.)
In March we had a lot of frustrated customers calling us with odd errors we’d never seen or heard of before. The most common one was not being able to choose a size because the dropdown menu wouldn’t drop down. We had our worst sales month in 8 years… And nothing had changed on the website!
After much pulling of hair, I discovered that our PHP version (the software backbone that the code runs on top of, if you will), had been automatically upgraded by our hosting company. Our “old” code wasn’t completely compatible with our “new” software version.
I’m very happy to say that we now have the main issues fixed. We also have Paypal back up as a payment option. But if you’re still having problems, please let us know including what browser and operating system you’re using so we can trouble shoot.
Of course, what this actually means is:
- A bunch of money went into paying developers instead of buying organic clothing.
- A bunch of time went into fixing bugs instead of adding features.
- A bunch of mental energy went into understanding technology instead of writing coherent, interesting blog posts… And here we are.
Since you made it all the way down here, I’m going to give you two treats.
1. A discount code. We usually only share our discount codes with newsletter subscribers, but this month all of our blog readers get it too. Take 15% off on all Earth Creations clothing. Use code: ECforEarthDay – expires on Earth Day, Sunday, April 22, 2018.
2. A “hint.” Every year we have a big Anniversary Sale in July. This is the ONLY time all year that our organic bras go on sale. This year, Glen and I are going on vacation. For REALSIES! In order to go together, we are CLOSING for two weeks from Friday, June 22 – Sunday, July 8, 2018 (no shipments, no e-mail, no phone.) So we’ll be having a big combined Vacation – Anniversary sale from June 22-July 8 as a thank you for being patient with shipping. So mark your calendars! And in the meantime, pick up a new Earth Creation’s top – they’re on sale right now!